A blog about exercise, diet, beauty and life...

Friday, June 22, 2012

Going Green

As this blog continue to evolve, you are going to find me talking more and more about my going green and how I am adjusting to it. It also means that I will be bringing in lots of fresh topics and will be posting lots of great pics to give this rather boring blog a boost.

It's been a couple of months since I started looking at the whole green movement in a different kind of light. Not that I didn't care a thing about it. I just didn't see "green" the way I am seeing it right now.

The garden, if you've seen it way back, was a huge tangle of weeds and grass and dried bits of everything. You wouldn't want to call it a garden then but a dirty backyard totally neglected by it's owner (guilty as charged, sorry). Now that I've "changed" and have joined the movement, I'm going to do my very best to turn our backyard into a garden and stop it from being our dog's toilet.

I started with these:



This is the vine spinach, also known as Malabar or climbing spinach. Locally, it is called Alugbate.




I also have plenty of lemon grass in the garden. I use it in my cooking almost everyday.




Pepper plants are a MUST-haves. The Cayenne pepper (my favorite type!) is one of the easiest to grow. Each plant can produce around 3 dozen fruits when well-cared for.




These are bell peppers and I love how flavorful they are! Compared to my Cayenne plants, these are harder to grow.




I don't know what these plants are called in English but locally, we call them dahon kamote.




These are mint plants. I have a lot of these growing in pots.

Now that you've seen my babies, you have to agree that I really was "serious" when I said I've joined the movement. I am currently experimenting with cuttings as a way to grow flowers. I will tell you more on Monday when I get back.

The weekend's coming and we're visiting the in-laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...