A blog about exercise, diet, beauty and life...

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sustainable Living as a Lifestyle!

I read about people in the US and UK selling their properties and all else they own so they could move to the country and live a simpler, more modest lifestyle. For a minute there, I thought these people might have gone mad. To live comfortably, you have to live as close to the cities as possible, right? Well, things have changed. There is so much more to living in the country than just being out in the wild fending for your own self.

To live in the country means giving up the hustle and bustle of big cities.

To live in the country means living a more peaceful life free from noise and pollution.

To live in the country means you have to have your own farm, you have to grow your own food and this means abundance.

I may not have the means or the resources to make the same changes in my lifestyle but I can re-create. I live just outside the city and the small piece of land we own is perfect for the plan I have in mind.

The Plan. I'm thinking of having a two-story house built and then on top I'll have my rooftop garden where I can grow flowers, fruits and veggies. I'll have my husband make a hut like structure there just like these arbour seats I found in Amazon.com.

Design 1




Design 2


What do you guys think? :-))))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...